Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 23 - 3 Mile Recovery

I wasn't really feeling this run when I got home last night. I was tired. My body wasn't tired, but I was just drained.

I pulled myself together and got out the door. The run started as normal, especially for a recovery run. I tried to keep my heart rate under 74% Max HR the entire time. But I also tried to push the limits, i.e. I wanted to see how fast I could run, while maintaining that HR.

Day 23 - 3 miles Recovery
Miles 3.1
Time 28.48
Pace 9.22 min/mile
HR Ave/Max 145/157
Running Index 60

60! My running index hit 60!! This is a big step for me. Granted, I don't buy into the hype of the Polar Running Index, I do feel like this is a major step. The fact that I ran a 9.22 min/mile recovery run, while keeping my HR below 147 (74% Max) is amazing. According to these results, I should be able to run the marathon in 3:20. While I don't believe that is possible, I do believe that my change of pace, pun intended, with regards to my training schedule is paying off. I do feel more refreshed on my hard days (Wed, Sat, Sun) and I feel like I'm making large gains. My Sunday run was already incredible enough, but then todays recovery was even better.

I'm very curious to see how this translates to tonights tempo run. I have decided to try and keep my pace a little more steady tonight. 1.5 mile warmup, 5 miles of tempo ~8:20 hopefully and then .5 miles of recovery. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment