Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Entry

This is the first entry for Running with a Purpose. I plan to give updates along my journey to the Chicago marathon. My big goal here is to eventually qualify for Boston, and then I can redetermine some new goals. For now, I want to see how training goes on the way to Chicago. The past 2 weeks have been great. My legs are feeling a little tired, however overall I feel good about my progress. Week 1 was 24 miles. Week 2 was 25 miles. This past Saturday we ran a 15k race in Peoria, IL (Steamboat Classic). The race was a lot of fun, however there was a 500ft hill right at the 2 mile marker that killed me. Obviously I will need to work on my hills...

So now everyone is caught up, and we can begin the journey. See you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have another friend trying to qualify for Boston to run either 2010 or 2011! That'd be awesome if you both did it at the same time because if he qualifies we're going to go cheer him on!

    ReplyDelete