Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 19 - Rest

Unfortunately I need to catch up on the entire week's worth of running, so I will be doing this in 2 installments so as not to make these posts too long.

Day 17 - 5 mile Tempo
Miles 5.0
Time 42.01
HR Ave/Max 172/188
Running Index 53

This tempo run was amazing. The tempo portion was 4 miles in 31.52. Unfortunately, I went out a little too hard, the 2 miles out was 15.09 and the return was 16.43. Either way, not bad. This is also considering that the majority of the run out was downhill. I think I can run better splits if I concentrate during the next tempo run.

Day 18 - Recovery
Miles 2.4
Time 26.36
HR Ave/Max 137/152
Running Index 54

I ran with Julian today. She wants to run, but sometimes I think she needs the extra push provided by me running with her. I also needed the extra day of recovery. My legs have started to show signs of training. I'm more tired than normal and more achy in spots I haven't been achy.

Overall
I've continued reading Advanced Marathoning by Pete Pfitzinger. For anyone looking to be more serious about marathon training, I highly recommend this book - so far. I feel like my runs are more productive. It also helps understanding the physiology behind each of the workouts I run. This provides me with something to think about, and also gives me a purpose during each workout.

Until next run...

No comments:

Post a Comment